Chief Operation Officer
I. Sales and Marketing Management
• Report to Chairman and be responsible to lead and direct the two sales teams in identifying new business opportunities, developing new business and serving existing major clients. The objective is to generate more businesses, ensure customer satisfaction, and to achieve growth in sales and profits.
• Implement efficient and proactive sales, marketing and business development strategies
• Manage and control the sales force from customer development, account management to product design and development, project management, order processing and logistics coordination with internal and external parties.
• Ensure the provision of quality products and good customer services to end customers
• Keep update on worldwide economic trends, legislations and compliance requirements to assess the underlying effects to the company in commercial, political and legal aspects.
II. Operational Management
• Establish operational goals for the current manufacturing operations.
• Lead senior executives to develop business objectives to ensure the operations are in line with the company's objectives, profitability and long term growth.
• Lead and direct and be directly accountable for the efficiency and profitability of the manufacturing operations and assume full responsibility for operation performance, costs and revenues
• Supervise functional managers to produce quality products for timely delivery in accordance to agreed delivery schedules.
• Direct and manage the organisation developing efficient channels of communication, including research and development, production, finance, administration, logistics.
• Work closely with plant management and its team to develop budgets for cost control, improve quality and operational efficiencies, production control and management
• Set up operating targets and standards for materials and labour so as to monitor productivity, efficiency and reduce operating costs.
• Monitor and evaluate the current systems and operation, identify areas for improvement, specifically in production planning and control, quality control, materials management, engineering support and operations maintenance.
• Manage and supervise the Procurement Department to ensure adequate supply of required materials; ensure that optimal prices are negotiated while at the same time monitor the quality standards
• Provide direction and leadership to all functional areas in order to ensure the operations are in compliance with local regulations and industry standards.
• Deal with external parties in related matters such as custom, tax and logistics.
• Science or engineering degree in related disciplines with at least 15 years of solid experience in manufacturing, plant operations and management, sales and marketing, business development or relevant fields.
• Proven track record in leading sizeable printing and paper product manufacturing operations is required.
• Previous exposure in leading multinational and sizeable local operations is preferred.
• Excellent management skill to motivate and lead business and technical teams with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness.
• Able to work under pressure, proactive, disciplined and has good commercial sense.
• A strong team leader with effective interpersonal and communication skills together with proficient problem solving skills and analytical mind setting.